Wednesday 15 September 2010

Summer research 04://

For my final year, I'm looking to develop my skills as a graphic designer in both print and screen. After gaining some work experience, It was clear that I can not simply say that I work for print or digital (eventhough I do prefer print), therefore I do need to consider producing work for a wider range of applications. So aswell as looking at all the print and amazing finishes, I'll also need to pay attention to the digital side of things, such as the web, motion graphics etc. I remember finishing my 2nd year with a strong thought that I wanted to focus on print, which I believe I would to an extent, but I'm also looking to develop my skills for web and digital as a whole to help establish myself as an all rounded designer.

SO moving on, here are a selection of wonderfully designed printed design that relate or inspire my own work and how I should write my 10 briefs.

Global design for the "Fondation93" annual report / Design One More Studio 



4NATION AW07 EXHIBITION INVITATION FOR MEN
Studio Newwork - New York 

I've mentioned Studio Newwork several times before already, but their work constantly impresses me so thought I'd mention them again. Their work is very type and editorial lead, which is just what I'm really into. Really love this exhibition poster that shows an interesting use of typography and layout. The use of the letter 'R' to form the essence of the number '3' is pure genius!

This reminded me of the Roger Federer logo that seamlessly merges a the R and the F. This again has put more thoughts on my own identity for web and print. 

No comments:

Post a Comment