Monday 19 October 2009

Ninja research conclusion://

A conclusion on the research I have gathered and ordered to result in an informed concept statement on ninjas.


" I started off my research looking into the origins of ninjas and the definition behind it, questioning what makes someone a ninja."


"One of the main areas that I was interested in was the cultural impact it had, particularly in films, cartoons and anime. From the 40 results gathered from my survey, It was quite clear that majority of people's ideology of ninjas were influenced from films and anime, whereas only a small amount of people actually found out from reading about it. This reflected the difficulty I had gathering secondary research on the history of the ninja. Due to the nature of it's secretive society, ninja activity at the time was a subject that people did not speak of, therefore it was rare that they were documented or even mentioned. Many of it's stories were considered myths which added to the difficulty to research and find out factual and statistical information regarding ninja activity.


" From my primary research, these were some of the most popular words that people used to associate with ninjas. Some are simply words that relate to martial arts whereas interesting some are direct references to films, games and anime."

" A part of my primary research, showing poeple's poses of a ninja, which give quite an interesting representation of people's thoughts and ideology's of a ninja."



"So what makes a ninja good? Throughout my research I have been looking at different areas, ranging from it's background to people's opinions and thoughts on it. From the primary research gathered, majority of the people agreed that it would be a good thing to have an urban version of the ninja as it would be a positive contribution to the society, whether it would help fight crime or simply be an extra option to request for when dialling 999. I used this as the basis for backing up my point that ninja's are good but found it rather difficult to pin point a concept."

" Finally a summary of what ninja's are associate with, their ability's (both fictional non fictional), style, clothes, the look etc. One of the main things my research has concluded clearly for me is that, people associate ninja's with their mythical abilities and has been influencing so many martial arts films, cartoons and anime. I didn't particularly want to further my project towards how they influence popular culture, but the possibility of their existence in today's society.


No comments:

Post a Comment