Sunday 25 October 2009

Manchester visit 09' ://

A brief selection of photographs that document my visit to Manchester Urbis exhibition, Home Grown - The Story of Hip Hop as part of an introduction to our critical & theoretical studies.



I found the general layout of the exhibition quite well organized and the work was displayed in a consistent format. I particularly liked the bold type and layout of the text, which went well with the hip hop theme i guess.



Might not be able to tell on from the photo, but this was printed in a almost half tone like effect://


Some rather interesting documents from the early hip hop era, reflecting some nice layout/ editorial designs://



Some duo toned newsletter prints://






A few nice pieces of photograph displayed through light boxes. And look, I found a ninja!!!! (Refer to my 'What is good' project if you're confused)



A collection of record designs and their sleeve designs. Although not entirely my kinda thing, it still looked rather impressive as a collection; reflecting the importance of exhibition design and how to plan the layout of the place.











No comments:

Post a Comment