Saturday 30 January 2010

Visual approach://

The ideas for my idents are quite conceptual, I don;t want to overcomplicate things when it comes to visualising just for the sake of making it more visual. I wanted to keep the results quite direct, and particularly with only 10 seconds, I wanted the visuals to remain quite bold and simple. With the concept of using subtitles, I didn't really want to take snapshots of certain frames from the films as the majority of the audience woulnd't really be able to relate to. Instead, I wanted to keep them engaged with what's happening and make them curious on what it's about.

With this in mind, I have decided to focus the visual approach to vector based illustrations mixing with simple and effective motion. I think this would be an ideal way to approach especially as it seems that I'm still getting to grips with After Effects, with this decision  can focus more on the overall design direction.

Below are some examples of motion graphics that demonstrate the effectiveness of vector based illustrations in motion - something that I'm looking to achieve.

Lemon Jelly - Nice weather for ducks


Squarepusher - My red hot car



Forget from Michael Fragstein on Vimeo.


Bleip -  More



things to learn from Matt Edgar on Vimeo.

Teevee Graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment