Tuesday 26 January 2010

DVD Interface://

As part of my research towards developing my own dvd interface, I've looked into a range of existing dvd titles screens, paying more attention to the use of transitions, buttons, interactivity and general aesthetics. The general idea of the dvd interfaces is that they follow the theme of the film/content, usually using imagery taken from the actual production. This would definitely be the direction that I'll be looking to pursue as I want the whole resolution (both dvd interface and packaging) to have a standard identity throughout.

I think the ones that work the best are the ones that use strong imagery, with incorporated elements in them, such as the Amelie scene selection. The transitions also make a huge impact, as it makes the user interface seem more like an 'experience' rather than just the usual dvd.


No comments:

Post a Comment